Well, folks, it’s election day. I am going to need a drink or 5 tonight. you?
Maybe try these deliciously sweet, tart, bitter and refreshing Blackberry Cucumber Gin and Tonics….
I was up before dawn, not realizing how much the anxiety of the election had gotten to me. I spent a little time on the peloton, did my morning routine and now I am at work on set with Coco all day. But honestly- mostly I just am at home, in sweats, on the couch, drinking these in my mind.
Also currently trying to figure out what I am going to stress eat tonight. Lol! Anyone else in this boat with me?
Cheers and virtual hugs to anyone else feeling the stress as heavily as I am today, hopefully we will have some clarity soon…
Blackberry and Cucumber Gin and Cucumbers
Author: Heather Christo
- 1 cup Blackberry Syrup (see below)
- 1 cup gin
- chilled tonic water
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 persian cucumbers, sliced paper thin lengthwise
- Fresh blackberries
- Blackberry Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- ½ cup sugar (I used organic beet sugar)
- ½ cup water
- To Make the Blackberry Syrup:
- Add everything to a small pot and bring to a simmer, cooking for 3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a blender and puree on high and then strain (or don’t if you don’t mind little bits of mint) into a mason jar. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Thinly slice Persian cucumbers lengthwise. You could slice them that way with a really sharp knife or on a mandoline.
- Thread the persian cucumber slices through with a long toothpick.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the blackberry syrup to the bottom of each glass. Squeeze the lime wedge into the syrup.
- Add the gin and then fill the glass with ice cubes and top with the tonic water. Garnish with fresh blackberries and a little fresh mint if desired.